During the past few years, there has been an increase in the amount of attention that has been paid to green, environmentally-friendly solutions in the flooring industry. While eco-friendly flooring is great for the environment, it is also a good idea to consider some of the pros and cons that homeowners might face. Our flooring professionals here at Floor Coverings International Hillsborough are here to help you understand eco-friendly flooring.
The Pros Of Eco-Friendly Flooring
For those looking for eco-friendly flooring in Hillsborough, it is important to note the main benefits.
- Eco-friendly flooring is made from renewable materials, which reduces the carbon footprint of homeowners on the environment.
- Some eco-friendly flooring options will resist the depressions from foot traffic, such as cork
- Many eco-friendly flooring options, such as bamboo, do not require as much maintenance as other flooring options.
- Some eco-friendly flooring options, such as cork, are naturally soundproof, which would make them ideal for rooms that are located above a basement suite.
- Certain eco-friendly flooring options, such as bamboo, are more durable than traditional alternatives.
The Cons Of Eco-Friendly Flooring Options
While there are numerous benefits that come with eco-friendly flooring there are also a few drawbacks to note as well.
- Some types of eco-friendly flooring are sensitive to humidity and temperature changes. Bamboo flooring can shrink and expand in humid environments.
- A few types of eco-friendly flooring, such as cork, are sensitive to light, so the color might fade over time.
- Liquid can cause damage to some types of eco-friendly flooring, including cork (which could become permanently stained) and bamboo (which could lead to discoloration and mold growth).
Like any flooring, there are multiple variables you need to consider when starting a flooring project. Feel free to get in touch with our flooring experts here at Floor Coverings International Hillsborough if you have any questions!
As with any flooring decision, it is a good idea to weigh both the benefits and drawbacks. This is where working with trained professionals in the industry can be helpful.
Ask The Pros
If you are looking for eco-friendly flooring in Hillsborough, we recommend you rely on the expert guidance of industry professionals. That’s where we come in. At [franchise location name], our customers are our top priority!
You May Also Enjoy:
- Tips For Preventing Hardwood Flooring Water Damage
- The Best Flooring For High-Traffic Areas
- A Guide To Carpet Care And Maintenance