Sisal Carpet in Flemington
If you’re looking for a nontraditional carpet that will stand out from the crowd, be sure to consider sisal for your Flemington home. Sisal is a natural, eco-friendly material that can be woven into both area rugs and wall-to-wall carpeting, or even blended with other fibers like wool. To learn more about sisal, read up on these tips from the Floor Coverings International® Hillsborough experts:
What is Sisal?
Sisal comes from a cactus-like plant in the agave family. The leaves of the plant are cut and the fibers harvested so that they can be dried and treated. The dried fibers then become twine, which can be woven into carpets and other textiles.
Sisal Carpeting: Things to Consider
- Sisal naturally resists stains and fire, repels dust and static electricity, and absorbs sound. This makes it a practical (as well as natural) material for carpeting, even in homes with kids or pets.
- Sisal can be woven into carpeting with other natural fibers like wool or seagrass for additional comfort or texture.
- Sisal is a renewable, eco-friendly material – better for the environment than most synthetic carpet fibers.
- Sisal carpeting typically has a natural texture with minimal dyes or chemicals. Therefore, most sisal carpets will be a natural brown-tan color, or another neutral shade.
- Sisal is not moisture-resistant, and so it may deteriorate if it comes into contact with water. Considering this, you’ll want to keep sisal carpets and rugs out of bathrooms, entryways, kitchens, or any other place that might get wet.
- Sisal is not particularly soft. It has a natural, woven texture, so it may not be comfortable for standing or sitting on for long periods.
To see sisal carpeting and other product samples in your own home, give Floor Coverings International® Hillsborough a call! We provide free estimates to homeowners in the Flemington area.