Cork Flooring in Franklin Township
Cork may not be as commonly used in flooring as other materials like hardwood, stone, or even bamboo, but it actually offers a unique host of benefits. Cork is a sustainable and renewable resource that provides an eco-friendly flooring option for Franklin Township homeowners that want to go green.
Could cork flooring be a practical option for your home? Find out with these tips from the Floor Coverings International® Hillsborough experts.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cork
- Cork flooring is available in a variety of colors and patterns. You can either go the natural brown route, or you can add a unique touch to your space with a bold color or print.
- Cork is an insulating floor material, so it will help to keep your space warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This feature can even help you to save on energy costs.
- Cork is natural, hypoallergenic, and resistant to mildew, so it is a great choice for anyone suffering from asthma or allergies.
- Cork is recyclable and biodegradable, so if you ever decide to remove or replace your cork floors, they don’t have to end up in a landfill.
- Cork has a slightly bouncy, cushioned feel, making it more comfortable to stand on for long periods than rigid materials like wood or stone. Cork’s flexibility also makes it good at absorbing sound.
- If homeowners aren’t careful, they can end up scratching or denting their cork floors. Use rugs and furniture pads to prevent your furniture from damaging your floors. If you have pets with sharp nails or claws, cork may not be the best choice for your home.
Have we convinced you to consider cork floors for your Franklin Township home? If so, call Floor Coverings International® Hillsborough today! We offer free consultations and estimates.