Engineered hardwood flooring offers the timeless, beautiful look of solid hardwood floors while also being easier to install and more affordable. This flooring is made from real wood and offers the aesthetic of solid hardwood floors, with some added practical benefits. Its strong construction makes it a good choice for rooms with high traffic, and it can hold up better to moisture than solid hardwood! Our experts at Floor Coverings International Hillsborough have seen engineered hardwood work well in a variety of Hillsborough, Flemington, Princeton homes and want to share some of the benefits it offers.
What is Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
Engineered hardwood flooring is made from a base of strong, high-quality plywood with a thin layer of actual hardwood on top. The construction of the boards makes it durable enough to withstand high-traffic areas like hallways, dining rooms, and entryways. It comes in almost as many varieties as solid hardwood, the most popular choices being oak, hickory, cherry and bamboo. We offer a wide range of styles for residential and commercial spaces.
Advantages of Engineered Hardwood Floors
- The sturdy base of engineered wood helps it stand up much better to moisture than solid hardwood. It won’t expand and contract the way solid wood will, and it can even work in moderate-moisture areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- While it won’t last quite as long as solid wood floors, engineered wood offers a long lifespan. It can even be sanded and refinished a few times over the years to give it new life.
- This flooring is easier to install compared to solid hardwood. There are different methods that include the pieces being stapled, nailed, glued down or clicked together.
- It looks as good as solid hardwood floors but is more affordable.
Add Engineered Hardwood to Your Princeton Home
If you think engineered hardwood floors could be the right choice for your Hillsborough, Flemington, Princeton home, call our team at Floor Coverings International Hillsborough for a free in-home consultation! We also offer solid hardwood and even wood-look tile, so no matter what your needs are we’ll find the right floor for your space! If you’re looking for real wood and the look of hardwood with some practical perks, engineered wood could be the right option. Our customers love engineered wood flooring for its durability, beauty and easy installation.
You might also like:
- Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Flooring in Princeton
- Walnut Hardwood Flooring in Princeton
- Maple Hardwood Flooring in Princeton
Photo Credit © fotogestoeber
Photo Credit © ScanRail1