Granite Tile in Flemington
Granite is one of the most popular types of natural stone, both in Flemington and around the country. Not only is it a beautiful stone that is available in a wide selection of colors and patterns, but it is also one of the toughest flooring materials available. Though granite can be pricey, you can save a significant amount by choosing tiles rather than slabs.
If you’re considering granite tile for your own home, here are some things that our Floor Coverings International® Hillsborough experts think you should know.
Granite Tile: Things to Consider
- Granite is a natural stone that is produced by the slow cooling and crystallization of magma. It is one of the hardest substances on earth, and is made up of minerals like quartz and feldspar.
- Different slabs of granite have naturally unique colors and patterns, so there’s plenty of variety to choose from. The look of granite is part of what makes it so impressive and appealing.
- It is extremely difficult to dent or crack granite, so your granite floors or countertops will last for many years. Granite tile also withstands temperature change well, so it’s safe for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Though granite is unlikely to crack, it can be etched and dulled by regular exposure to water. To maintain the look of your granite tile, hire a professional to reseal the stone regularly.
- The cost of granite can add up, since it is a natural stone that may require resealing. If you’re on a strict budget, you may want to consider ceramic or porcelain tile instead. However, granite does offer a good value for its long-lasting durability and classic beauty.
Have more questions about granite tile? Want to see our selection of granite offerings? Call Floor Coverings International® Hillsborough today to schedule a free in-home estimate! We serve homeowners in the Hillsborough, Flemington, Princeton area.