Wood-Look Tile in Princeton
Interior design continually goes through new innovations and trends. It has become more popular than ever to install wood look tile, which is a ceramic or porcelain tile that is made to look like wood. These tiles are patterned and textured to mimic the look of wood. They can also come in various sizes and shapes, giving you many design options for your Princeton home or business.
- An affordable alternative to natural wood. Porcelain or ceramic tile allows incredible details that vinyl flooring has yet to accomplish. The textures are so fine that wood look tiles can actually look like hand-scraped wood— at a fraction of the cost of natural hardwoods!
- Can be used in any room. Wood look tiles are ideal for any interior space, including bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens. They look like wood but are strong and water-resistant, so they aren’t limited to living rooms and bedrooms like natural hardwoods.
- They’re easy to clean. These tiles are well suited for both residential and commercial buildings, as they’ve been designed for ease of use. This means they’re easier to clean than traditional hardwoods.
- Range of styles and colors. Wood look tiles, like luxury vinyl, can imitate countless stains and species of wood.
- They can feel cold. Unlike vinyl and hardwoods, tile can feel quite cold on your feet (especially in the winter). Add area rugs or radiant heating to alleviate this.
- They can’t be refinished. Unlike real hardwood, these tiles can’t be refinished over the course of their lifetime. If one gets broken or damaged, it has to be replaced completely.
Ready to install wood-look flooring in your Princeton home? Give us a call! Floor Coverings International® Hillsborough offers free consultations to help you select the right floor for your needs.